Thursday 12 January 2012

The Fear of God


My momma once told me that I don't got nothing to fear but God's wrath himself, an' so I went out trying and believin' just that. She said his kinda wrath comes in the form of punishment. My sins an' what not. Well what with me bein' a youngin' I went to try an' test this out. I got one of 'em old cap guns out the shed and put it up a cat's behind an' fired an' it screeched an' meowed like a howlin' wolf before sprintin' off an' leavin' me in tears. Well I aint never got none of God's wrath for doin' that so I kept righ' on goin'. Blowin' up squirrels, takin' fish out of water an' watchin' 'em drown in air. I got a pup once. Threw him off a cliff. He was alive for a little while in his little furry body but he stopped twitchin' eventually. It turns out God aint watchin' over me at all. He don't got no idea of what I done an' as long as no one sees me do summat I aint got no need to worry. I can do what I please.

No comments: